Canadian Sports Hall of Fame: Hockey Rink Floor
Architects and designers of the Canada’s Sports Hall of Fame at Canadian Olympic Park in Calgary, Alberta, decided a hockey rink floor would be the best way to enhance their ice hockey exhibit. Calgary-based Hardscapes, Inc., completed the project at Canada’s Sports Hall of Fame museum in Calgary’s Canada Olympic Park, where they installed a HERMETIC™ Epoxy Floor using white E100-PT4™ 100% Solids Pigmented Epoxy and clear E100-UV1™ 100% Solids Clear Epoxy coatings to transform the floor of the hall of fames ice-hockey exhibit room into a virtual ice rink.
Don’t let the beauty fool you. HERMETIC™ Epoxy Flooring Systems are actually industrial floor coatings typically installed in manufacturing facilities, warehouses and aircraft hangars where high performance is required to withstand heavy traffic. By blending colors with industrial floor coatings, these flooring systems have been more and more attractive to architects, designers and property owners for use in commercial and high end residential applications where a better floor is required.
Additional options for these type of floors:
– Thicker repair systems for pitted concrete, holes or deteriorated expansion joints.
– Standard and high performance NOVOLAC coatings for chemical containment or splash and spill areas.
– Increased slip resistance for wet or other areas of concern.
– Available in finishes ranging from: gloss, satin or fullt matte.
– Fifteen standard colors with custom colors available upon request.
– Optional REFLECTOR™ Enhancer Flooring Systems for even more unique colors and appeal.
Samples, color charts and other technical data available throughout this website or my contacting one of our technical offices available worldwide.
Want more information about the HERMETIC™ Epoxy Flooring Systems used for this hockey rink floor or for other applications, contact us today and we will be of assistance.